Federal and state government entities and nonprofits are working together to control the spread of the coronavirus and to support the businesses and individuals impacted by the virus and/or the protective measures being taken.
Wyoming COVID-19 Information
Governor Mark Gordon has created five COVID-19 task forces, each lead by one Wyoming’s top-elected officials. The five task forces are: Health, Education, Services and Operations, Business, Financial and Employees and Transportation and Infrastructure. Click here for more information.
COVID-19 Response Tips for Small Businesses - Wyoming Business Council
The COVID-19 disease has had tragic human, social and economic consequences and continues to spread rapidly worldwide. Our thoughts are with the families affected, and we encourage Wyomingites to stay safe.
Wyoming COVID-19 Resource Site
Governor Mark Gordon has created five COVID-19 task forces, each lead by one Wyoming’s top-elected officials. The five task forces are: Health, Education, Services and Operations, Business, Financial and Employees and Transportation and Infrastructure. Learn more here.
Upton Food Bank Extends Hours & Requirements
The Upton food bank will have expanded hours. Open Monday and Thursday, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. from now until the crisis is over. If anyone is in need they will try to accomodate you.
Courtesy of the Weston County Gazette
Free Lunches and Breakfasts
WCSD#7 Is offering free lunches and breakfasts to all children ages 18 and under. Lunches and breakfast for the next day will be handed out at the same time.
Lunches can be picked up at the Elementary School Front Door between 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM. Bus students can contact their building principals if they need lunches and/or learning materials delivered.
Please contact Angie at 468-2461 if you have any questions.
All community youth are encouraged to take advantage of this program regardless of need.
This community service is sponsored by the Summer Food Service Program for the Children.
Holland & Hart LLP: Coronavirus Resource Site
The Covid-19 situation is dynamic and its impacts far reaching. Holland & Hart has develop this resource In an effort to best communicate information about the outbreak (together with its impact on businesses and communities) to our clients efficiently and effectively. It is our hope that the information contained therein provides some benefit to the individuals, businesses, and communities in Wyoming. Click Here to View
- COVID-19 Resources for the Elderly and Families: The National Association of Nursing Home Attorneys has compiled COVID-19 resources for specifically for children, young adults and the elderly.
- Workplace Safety: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has a COVID-19 Webpage to provide information for workers and employers about the evolving coronavirus outbreak.
- Wages, Hours and Leave: The Department of Labor (DOL) is providing COVID-19 and the Workplace information including guidance on The Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- Telework: While not specific to the coronavirus, the U.S. Department of Commerce has an in-depth Guide to Enterprise Telework, Remote Access and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Security, which can help answer security questions for employers regarding telework arrangements.
- Group Health Insurance: IRS Notice 2020-15 allows a high-deductible health plan to waive cost-sharing for the testing and treatment of COVID-19 without application of a deductible.
- Unemployment Insurance: The DOL's Employment and Training Administration announced new guidance outlining state flexibility in administering their unemployment insurance programs to assist Americans affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Workers' Compensation: The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs has published guidance for federal employees outlining Federal Employees' Compensation Act coverage as it relates to the novel coronavirus. Individuals injured on the job while employed by private companies or state and local government agencies should contact their state workers' compensation board.