Census Bureau Updates
Monday, March 23, 2020
- NEW Faith Leaders Came Together to promote the 2020 Census See the video and join us March 27-29 for the Census Faith Weekend
- NEW “Respond Now” button on 2020census.gov The button will be prominent on the site once the invitation to participate is delivered to households beginning March 12. In addition to providing education and outreach materials that explain what the census is and why it’s important to respond, there are dedicated pages in 59 languages that are easy to get to and will include important video and print guides on how to complete the census questionnaire.
- NEW 2020 Census Advertising Campaign Expands to Reach All Audiences The massive multimedia advertising campaign has been expanded across the nation. Read more here.
- 2020 Census Invitations Between March 12 and March 20, invitations to participate in the 2020 Census will start arriving in households across the country. More information here.
- Community Benefits Toolkit Designed to help you inform your local community about the importance of responding to the 2020 Census. Download it for your community here.
- College Towns Depend on Accurate Count of Students Living in Area In Student Housing, Off Campus or with Parents, College Students Count in the 2020 Census. Find out more here.
- How the 2020 Census Counts People Experiencing Homelessness The 2020 Census has procedures in place to count people living in a variety of situations. See how the Census Bureau plans to get an accurate count here.
- Response Rate Challenge Toolkit This toolkit includes ideas and resources for creating a Response Rate Challenge for your community or in competition against another community
- Interactive Questionnaire Explore the census questions. With both slideshow and list views, you'll find tips for responding and information on how the Census Bureau will use answers here
- Sample Invitation Letter. Click here to see a draft of the invitation letter that will be sent to residences in March.
- Social Media Hub Leverage online influence to encourage a complete, accurate count here.
- Infographic for Partner Outreach. Here’s an easy infographic to help you plan outreach between now and July 2020.
- Census Bureau 2020 Census Ads. The Census Bureau held a press conference this week to roll out the 2020 Census ads. See details here.
Recruiting Help Needed!
You can still apply to work for the 2020 Census. The 2020 Census is a massive operation, requiring hundreds of thousands of people to help get everyone counted. It’s not too late to apply for census taker and regional office jobs. Visit 2020census.gov/jobs to learn more and apply now.
Text to Apply The Census has implemented a new system that will send recruiting ads directly to a potential applicant by texting a keyword to the number 313131.
Please use the keyword associated with our state unless you would like non state-specific recruitment ads then use the keyword jobs2020 (no spaces). Anyone can use that one.
- For Wyoming specific ads, text Wyomingjobs to 313131
- For General Recruitment ads, text jobs2020 to 313131
Interactive Recruitment Map. Check out the recruitment map to see the progress in your community here.