UEDB Grants and Scholarships
Quarterly Grant Application Instructions
Upton Economic Development Board (UEDB) Grants are awarded quarterlyon a competitive basis, based on funds available.
3 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE APPLYING FOR A GRANT
1. When can I apply for a grant? Applications are due by 11:59 pm on the deadline date. If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, applications are accepted on the next business day until 11:59 pm.
|Application Deadline Dates||Notification Dates|
|March 15||April 15|
|June 15||July 15|
|September 15||October 15|
|December 15||January 15|
2. Am I eligible to receive a grant? The following types of organizations qualify for grants:
- Nonprofit organizations exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Publicor governmental agenciesmay not be eligible, please contact UEDB.
NOTE: Grants are not made to individuals.
3. How much can I request? Grants may be awarded up to $6,000.00 per quarter.
When filling out the applicationand putting together the Project Narrative, please keep the following SMART guidelines in mind:
- Specific Who, what, where, when, and why? What does the organization hope to accomplish with the funding?
- Measurable How much? How many? What will you see change as a result of implementation? How will you know you have been successful?
- Attainable Do you have the staff, board, financing and or other resources to accomplish your goal?
- Report Is the expected result realistic and is there a plan to communicate the result?
- Time-related Can the goal as described in the proposal be achieved in a 12-month period?
The project narrative serves two purposes: it should explain how the costs were estimated and it justifies the needs for the cost. Focus on the line items for which you are requesting funding and any unusual line items. For example, if all of the funds you are requesting will go toward a consultant, why is the consultant critical to the success of you project? You may want to include some timeline information in the narrative if it is relevant to your project.
Grant Award Criteria
The Grant Committee will assessyour application for the following:
- Does the project create revenue to help the organization become self-sustainable?
- How does the project benefit or serve the community?
- Who are you serving, and how many are you serving?
Grant Award Notification Dates
You will be notified by emailor your grant status, as either amount awarded, or grant denied. Notificationdates are associated with the application deadlines, as listed above, and on the application.
You may reapply the following quarterif your grant application was denied due to a lack of available funds.
Please submit applications and attachments to Stephanie Salazar, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to U.E.D.B., PO Box 731, Upton, WY 82730.
Please contact Stephanie Salazar, email@example.com, 307-282-0652 if you have any additional questions.
Scholarships Available to Upton Area Residents
The Upton Economic Development Board has created the Greater Upton Area Education Fund. Four new scholarships will support many educational needs in the Upton area. From traditional academic scholarships to support for registered apprenticeship programs, we encourage you to apply.
- High School Equivalency Certificate Scholarship is for Upton area residents who seek to improve their employment options by seeking a high school equivalency credential (HSE).
- Registered Apprenticeship Scholarship is for Upton area residents who are participating in a Registered Apprenticeship Program with the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Apprenticeship. Students may apply for funds to support the educational components of their program and/or certification.
- Career and Technical Education Scholarship is available for individuals interested in pursuing vocational education, trade, certification, 2-year degree programs, or professional development classes to assist them in changing careers or succeeding in their current job.
- Traditional Academic Scholarship is for college graduates pursuing graduate degrees, graduating seniors, recent graduates of Upton High School, and Upton residents with a General Equivalency Degree (GED) who are interested in attending or who are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States.
General Eligibility Requirements for Scholarships:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA is required. Please include a copy of your transcripts with your application.
- The minimum GPA must be maintained for each semester in college to maintain eligibility for renewal.
- A minimum of two (2) scholarships of $2,500 are available annually. This scholarship may be renewed by the student annually for up to three additional years.
- The scholarship is made payable directly to the educational institution to be applied toward the student’s tuition and fees.
- A recipient must be enrolled full-time throughout each term.
- Deadline to apply is May 1st.
- Students who are renewing will receive a follow-up reminder after June 15.
For more information about UEDB Grants or Scholarships, please contact Stephanie Salazar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 307-282-0652. Thank you.
Weston County Childrens Center Scholarships
Upton Economic Development Board Funds Preschool Scholarships
The Upton Economic Development Board is pleased to announce that they are sponsoring five preschool scholarships at the Weston County Children’s Center in Upton for the upcoming 2016-17 school year.
The board feels that helping children build a good foundation for learning is an important part of their academic success and providing these scholarships will go a long way to make that happen.
Application can be downloaded here or you can also visit the Weston County Children’s Center office at 629 Sheridan Street in Upton or call them at 307-468-2200.