Grants and Scholarships
Grants Available to Upton Area Residents
Quarterly Grant Application Instructions
Upton Economic Development Board (UEDB) Grants are awarded quarterly on a competitive basis, based on funds available.
3 Questions to Ask Before Applying for a Grant
1. When can I apply for a grant? Applications are due by 11:59 pm on the deadline date. If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, applications are accepted on the next business day until 11:59 pm.
|Application Deadline Dates||Notification Dates|
|March 15||April 15|
|June 15||July 15|
|September 15||October 15|
|December 15||January 15|
2. Am I eligible to receive a grant? The following types of organizations qualify for grants:
- Nonprofit organizations exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Publicor governmental agenciesmay not be eligible, please contact UEDB.
NOTE: Grants are not made to individuals.
3. How much can I request? Grants may be awarded up to $6,000.00 per quarter.
When filling out the applicationand putting together the Project Narrative, please keep the following SMART guidelines in mind:
- Specific Who, what, where, when, and why? What does the organization hope to accomplish with the funding?
- Measurable How much? How many? What will you see change as a result of implementation? How will you know you have been successful?
- Attainable Do you have the staff, board, financing and or other resources to accomplish your goal?
- Report Is the expected result realistic and is there a plan to communicate the result?
- Time-related Can the goal as described in the proposal be achieved in a 12-month period?
The project narrative serves two purposes: it should explain how the costs were estimated and it justifies the needs for the cost. Focus on the line items for which you are requesting funding and any unusual line items. For example, if all of the funds you are requesting will go toward a consultant, why is the consultant critical to the success of you project? You may want to include some timeline information in the narrative if it is relevant to your project.
Grant Award Criteria
The Grant Committee will assessyour application for the following:
- Does the project create revenue to help the organization become self-sustainable?
- How does the project benefit or serve the community?
- Who are you serving, and how many are you serving?
Grant Award Notification Dates
You will be notified by emailor your grant status, as either amount awarded, or grant denied. Notificationdates are associated with the application deadlines, as listed above, and on the application.
You may reapply the following quarterif your grant application was denied due to a lack of available funds.
Please submit applications and attachments to Stephanie Salazar, email@example.com, or mail to U.E.D.B., PO Box 731, Upton, WY 82730.
Please contact Stephanie Salazar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 307-282-0652 if you have any additional questions.
Scholarships Available to Upton Area Residents
The Upton Redevelopment Corporation offers five (5) scholarships to Upton area residents. Please read the descriptions for each scholarship and make sure to select the correct scholarship for the education or training program you plan to attend.
This is a traditional academic scholarship. The scholarship is available for 4-year degree programs. The scholarship award is $2500, renewable for 3 additional years for a total of 4 years. A minimum of 2 awards per year may be granted. Deadline to apply for the scholarship is May 1st.
This scholarship is for individuals interested in pursuing professional certification, professional development classes and other certifications or classes that are deemed beneficial in career development. This is a one-time annual award, with ability to re- apply each year, for up to $1000 per award. Applications may be received year-round. A minimum of five (5) scholarships will be awarded, or until funds have runout for the year.
Programs include, but are not limited to, accounting, web development, and other software certifications, digital marketing training, and certifications, and CNA certification.
High School Equivalency Certificate
This scholarship is available for adults who have not graduated from high school with a diploma. Applications may be received year-round. These scholarships are unlimited if funding is available.
This scholoarship connects job seekers looking to learn new skills with employers looking for qualified workers. Applications may be recieved year-round. This scholarship unlimited if funding is available.
Trade or Vocational
This scholarship is for individuals looking to complete a trade. Applications may be received year-round. A one-time award of $5000 is to be awarded two times per year, one in Summer and the other in Winter, if funding is available for the year. Programs include, but are not limited to, technical/trade schools, master’s programs/graduate schools or culinary schools.
Weston County Childrens Center Scholarships
The Upton Economic Development Board provides scholarships to the Weston County Children’s Center-Upton annually. The board feels that helping pre-school children build a good foundation for learning is an important part of their academic success and providing these scholarships will go a long way to make that happen.
Applications can be downloaded below, or you can contact the Weston County Children’s Center-Upton office at 629 Sheridan Street, or call 307-468-2200.