Upton Fast Facts
Ranching, mining, manufacturing and the BNSF Railway. These are typical industries in the state of Wyoming. However, take a closer look at the Town of Upton and you will see that this small town is anything but typical!
Northeast Wyoming at State Hwy. 16 and Hwy. 116, 15 miles southeast of Interstate 90, and 29 miles northwest of Hwy. 85, the Heartland Express from Canada to Mexico.
Upton is surrounded by the beautiful Black Hills -- Devils Tower National Monument, and Keyhole State Park and Reservoir in northeast Wyoming, and Terry Peak, Spearfish Canyon, and Deadwood in southwest South Dakota. There are a variety of recreational activities to enjoy year-round.
Tiger Transfer, Upton Logistics Center/BNSF Certified Transload Facility
- 600+ acres industrial rail-served business park
- Full-service transload service
- ‘Shovel ready’ for new development
Upton Municipal Airport
- FAA approved – access to Tiger Transfer
Upton Gun Club
- Competition grade outdoor range, 22 caliber indoor range and classroom supports multiple youth gun clubs, high school team, and regional competitions
- Event center, camping and RV park
Cedar Pines Golf Club
- 9-hole golf course
Outdoor swimming pool
Red Onion Museum
WORKFORCE: WY We Do Distance – for Good Jobs!
- Commuting is a way of life in Wyoming and South Dakota, so employers access a sizeable workforce.
- Upton Workforce Population: 245,269 (Workforce Area: NE Wyoming + SE South Dakota)
|Northeast Wyoming||Southwest South Dakota|
|Cities: Gillette, Moorcroft, Sundance, Newcastle, Upton||Cities: Rapid City, Summerset, Sturgis, Spearfish, Belle Fourche, Lead-Deadwood, Custer|
|Northeast Counties: Campbell (46,140), Crook (7,450), Weston (6,967)||Southwest Counties: Pennington (111,729), Meade (28,294), Lawrence (25,741), Butte (10,222), Custer (8,726)|
US Census Data Estimates 7/1/2018
- Wyoming K-12 education system was ranked 6th in nation by the National Education Quality Report, September 2019. Upton High School offers college accredited courses and technical training.
- Higher Education: University of Wyoming, Black Hills State University, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Western Dakota Tech, technical college