Committee asks for federal land project proposals

5 Dec 2022


The Greater Rocky Mountain Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) is now accepting applications for money to fund projects that will benefit national forest lands.

Individuals, public and private entities can apply for the funding, which comes from the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act.

This funding model began in 1908 to support rural areas whose tax base diminished due to the expansion of federal lands, according to a U.S. Forest Service webpage. Today, the money is disbursed in three areas, known as titles, for roads and schools, federal lands and county projects.

Click here to view the full article.